HYGIENE AND QUALITY
In the Food Industry, Hygiene and Quality go hand in hand. You can’t have one without the other. At Finagle, quality is addressed through identified quality gates:
- Suppliers are inspected and evaluated with reference to criteria established for the food industry. Only after such an audit is the supplier accredited as a vendor to the organisation.
- All incoming Raw and Packing Material is inspected to establish adherence to laid down specifications related to hygiene and quality.
- Operators are trained to identify deviations from established product and process quality standards through identification of “QNFP” (Quality Network Focus Points).
- A sampling plan coupled with laboratory testing is performed to ensure that products are in compliance to the respective standards.
- Supervisors are tasked with regular inspection of products and process.
- A COA (Certificate of Acceptance) is issued only after a Final Inspection.
- Frequent visits allows identification of shortcomings if any.
To ensure that required quality standards are indeed adhered to, Internal Quality and “GMP” (Good Manufacturing Practice) audits are regularly performed in line with the annual plan. The Quality Manager and team are responsible for conducting these audits. Pest Control practices are also looked into. We adhere to the following Internationally Recognised Quality Standards:
- FSSC 22000 (The Foundation Food Safety System Certification 22000) which uses international and independent standards such as ISO 22000, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 22003 and technical specifications for sector specific Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs), such as ISO/TS 22002-1. It is recognised by the “GFSI” (Global Food Safety Initiative)
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) - a systematic preventive approach to food safety from biological, chemical, physical hazards and more recently radiological hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe and designs measures to reduce these risks to a safe level.
Accordingly, we are subject to audits, both announced and unannounced, performed by Internationally Recognised Organisations such as SGS (Société Générale de Surveillance), YUM! (An American fast-food corporation listed in the Fortune 500), and RBI (Restaurant Brands International - a Canadian multinational fast-food holding company), to ensure that we comply to requirements. Quality does not come easy, but it is worthwhile.